M. Faizan Malik
Summary of Career
1. Developing, implementing and maintaining processes and procedures for effective delivery of services and compliance with regulatory guidance.
2. Manage Server Data Backup through Veeam Availability Suite.
3. Administration of Mcafee Antivirus & Drive Encryption, Kaspersky Antivirus & Drive Encryption and Skype for Business (formerly Lync) Server.
4. Assist in the implementation and maintenance of IT systems
5. Responsible for Server Virtualization, Servers & Data Center Management.
6. Building IT infra capabilities by implementing major technology changes, thereby improving the overall efficiency within a tight time-frame & negligible loss of business.
7. Configure & Manage Fortinet Firewall.
8. Responsible for day-to-day operations, delivery and continuous improvement of IT services and systems.
9. Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
10. Implement a Service Desk Organization, ensuring all tickets must close within SLA time.
Experience as Manager IT Infrastructure
Lucky Cement Limited
21 December 2015
• Developing, implementing and maintaining processes and procedures for effective delivery of services and compliance with regulatory guidance, based on ITIL.
• IT Policies & Procedures, documentation, evidences.
• Implemented the ISMS (ISO 27001) & ensure its compliance.
• Cloud Administration (Azure, AWS).
• Regularly test DRP (IT Continuity).
• Keep tracking of the availability & utilization of Infrastructure.
• Implementation and maintenance of IT systems, Storage, Backups.
• Server Administration mainly Microsoft based services with hands on experience on Linux.
• Administration of Cloud based Email (Office 365), Azure Active Directory, and Microsoft Defender.
• Responsible for Server Virtualization, Servers & Data Center Management (including environment).
• Manage Client administration through SCCM.
• Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
• Administration of End Point Security Solution.
• Building IT infra capabilities by implementing major technology changes, thereby improving the overall efficiency within a tight time-frame & negligible loss of business.
• Rights Management in ERP, ensure SOD is maintained.
• Ensure Change management process is followed in development of ERP systems.
• Regularly check & apply controls to mitigate the vulnerabilities.
• Creating IT project budgets and reallocating resources where necessary.
• Assigns duties and responsibilities and oversees the project progress, provide regular updates to stakeholders.
Experience as Assistant Manager IT
01 April 2015
10 December 2015
• Responsible for day-to-day operations, delivery and continuous improvement of IT services and systems.
• Participate in creating and managing project plans, artifacts, and deliverables according to prescribed processes and methodologies.
• Configure & Manage Fortinet Firewall.
• Manage MPLS Data connectivity across Pakistan (20+ sites).
• Data Center management.
Experience as Service Delivery Team Lead
National Foods Limited
01 July 2012
25 March 2015
• Collaborate with Incident, request, and change teams to ensure high levels of service availability and ensure future service and resource demands are covered.
• Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
• Lead a team of technology professionals, including systems analysts, software developers, security analysts and support personnel, to ensure the entire department runs smoothly.
• Administration of Google Apps (Cloud based email solution).
• Implement a Service Desk Organization, ensuring all tickets must close within SLA time.
• Configure Routers & Firewalls.
• Configuration of Centralized / Controller based Wi-Fi access points.
• Manage user rights and permission, disabling and enabling accounts, file and folder permissions etc.
• Periodic Backups of Users, Servers, Active Directory etc.
• Worked on Symantec Backup Execution System Recovery 2010 for Backups of users and recovery of systems.
• Works on Microsoft Active Directory 2003, 2008 & 2012, DHCP server.
• Network Infrastructure Project lead.
• Part of implementation of IP Telephony.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Experience as Network Engineer
Associated Textile Consultants Private Limited
02 December 2009
30 June 2012
• Plan, document, and execute improvements in existing LAN systems.
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and provide solutions for network related issues.
• Network management & troubleshooting via Solar Winds.
• Monitor Network System, Routers, Firewalls & Switches.
• Taking backups of Router & Firewall configuration.
• Create & Implement Access control Policies through ISA / TMG.
• Installation of Linux SUSE & configure zebra & Squid.
• Troubleshooting of system hardware & software.
• Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
• Administration of IBM Lotus Notes.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and applying network security measures.
Master 30 June 2016ME (Computer Engineering) - 1st Division
Bachelor 25 March 2009BS (Electronics Engineering) - 1st Division